Department DetailsThe Manistee City Police Department is committed to work together towards our goal of a safer Manistee through professional, progressive and responsive police services. The department looks to partner with the community to achieve these goals. The department works in conjunction with local and federal law enforcement agencies and the Manistee Fire Department to provide exemplary customer service to our community and our guests.
The Manistee Police Department currently staffs one-part time police administrative clerk and 13 full time certified police officers, 7 cross-trained as firefighters. We are dispatched through Manistee Central Dispatch to approximately 5,000 calls for service yearly averaging 1,400 documented complaints. Officers regularly conduct foot patrols throughout our vibrant downtown business district, the two miles of Riverwalk and our local beaches.
Manistee City Police Department Mission StatementIt is our sworn mission to safeguard life and property, preserve the peace, prevent and detect crime, enforce the law and protect the rights of all citizens.
Vision StatementTo be seen as a department dedicated to protecting life, property and maintaining order while assuring fair and equal treatment to all.
Our ValuesWe pride ourselves in conducting ourselves in a manner which brings honor to ourselves, the department and the City of Manistee.
- Respect - We respect the individual rights, human dignity and the value of all members of our community and the department.
- Integrity - We are committed to nurturing the public trust by holding ourselves accountable to the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Dedication - We are committed to providing the highest quality of law enforcement service to the community with the goal of enhancing the quality of life within the City of Manistee.
- Excellence - We are committed to achieving a level of performance that exceeds all expectations.
Residential ChecksThe Manistee City police officers, in conjunction with the Michigan State Police and the Manistee County Sheriff Office, perform random residence checks throughout the year. These random checks are done to verify registered sex offenders that reside within the city are compliant with their registration obligations.
If you have questions regarding a registered sex offender that resides in your neighborhood, contact the Manistee City Police Department and we can check to see if they are in compliance with the laws. You can also find more information on the Michigan Sex Offender Registry website.
EquipmentThe City of Manistee Police Department has a variety of equipment that it uses in its day to day operations. Some of their equipment includes:
- Three Ford Taurus Police Interceptors
- One Ford Explorer Police Interceptor
- One Polaris Ranger
- In-Car Mobile Data Terminals
- In-Car L-3 Camera System