The City of Manistee has instituted additional measures to safeguard our employees and the public. Understand that the situation is fluid, and as more information on best practices becomes available, additional safeguards may be implemented. Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation during this challenging time.
Additional Coronavirus Precautions
1. City facilities (City Hall, Fire Department, DPW, WWTP and Marina) will be closed to the public effective at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, March 17, and until further notice. Employees will continue to report for work and departments will be accessible by telephone.
2. The following City Boards/Commission meetings have been cancelled:
• Parks Commission scheduled for March 19
• Historic Commission scheduled for April 1
• Planning Commission scheduled for April 2
• Tree Commission scheduled for April 6
• PEG Commission scheduled for April 6
3. At the March 17 City Council meeting, social distancing (6’) between individuals will be instituted. This includes City Council members and those in the audience.
4. The Neighborhood Information meeting to discuss street projects that was scheduled for March 18 has been cancelled.